Our vision is "Disciples Making Disciples."
"Disciples" - It is critical to discover who God is, His pursuit of us, and His love and acceptance of us, as what He says about us matters more than what others or our cultures say about us. When God's identity becomes our unchangeable foundation, then we can thrive through the ups and down, and the trials and struggles of life. We will explore what it means to follow Jesus, and become like Him in our thoughts, words and deeds. Discipleship includes our participation in the local church, the Body of Christ. Therefore, we value our relationships with each other, care for one another, and use our different perspectives, gifts, experiences, etc. to serve together.
"Making Disciples" - Jesus commanded us to share His Good News with the rest of the world. Therefore, we seek ways to positively impact our communities for the Lord. As God enables us to usher people into His kingdom, we recognize our calling to guide them on their lifelong journeys, growing and maturing in Him all along the way.
Our vision is to become disciples of Jesus Christ and to make more disciples for our Lord through:
Relationship with God and Others
(Deut. 4:29; Matt. 22:37-40)
• Pursuit of God:
an unwavering pursuit of a close relationship with God according to His word
• Love for God:
love Him with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength
• Love for others:
love our neighbors as ourselves; meet their need to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
Renewal in Christ
(II Cor. 4:16-18; Eph. 4:22-24)
a God-centered perspective on life, its demands, purposes, and priorities
joy, gratefulness for God’s forgiveness; a desire to share the gospel with others
genuine character and life transformation through faith in God and the working of the Holy Spirit
Replication through Discipleship and Evangelism
(Matt. 5:13-16, 28:18-20; II Tim. 2:2; I Pet. 3:15; Eph. 4:12; II Cor. 5:20)
Christian character and lifestyle that draw others to Christ
making disciples for Christ who will make other disciples, passing on a heritage that spans multiple spiritual generations
equip for individual and corporate evangelism and mission as ambassadors for Christ
For more details, click on Vision Statement with Bible Verses
and Vision Statement Discussion Questions
To reach out to the unchurched in the Silicon Valley,
To bring them to Jesus and fellowship in His family,
To build up the saints to Christ-like maturity,
To equip them for ministry in the church, and
To send them and support them as witnesses to the world.
All for the glory of God
- We believe in the one true God, who exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the only mediator and savior of Man to God. He died for our sin, resurrected in three days and will be coming again.
- The Holy Spirit is the Counselor sent by the Father. The Holy Spirit convicts men and women of sin and leads them to repentance. It is He who give spiritual rebirth and He who sanctifies; He dwells in the hearts of believers and is the source of the believer's life, work, and strength.
- We believe the Bible to be divinely inspired. It is the sole basis of our faith, life, and foundation of the church.
- We believe that all people have fallen into sin, the just penalty for which is eternal death. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ, who shed his blood for our forgiveness, may we be saved and enter into eternal life.
- We believe the church to be the body of Christ. Christ is the Head of the church, and all believers are under His leadership. Through godly living and serving in love, we bear witness to the resurrection of Jesus Christ.